This plugin inserts Facebook Open Graph Tags into your WordPress Blog/Website for more effective and efficient Facebook sharing results.
It also allows you to add the Meta Description tag and Schema.org Name, Description and Image tags for more effective and efficient Google+ sharing results.
It also allows you to add the Twitter Card tags for more effective and efficient Twitter sharing results.
You can also choose to insert the “enclosure” and “media:content” tags to the RSS feeds, so that apps like RSS Graffiti and twitterfeed post the image to Facebook correctly.
It allows the user to choose which tags are, or not, included and also the default image if the post/page doesn’t have one.
BETA: It’s also possible to add a overlay logo to the image. The plugin will resize and crop the original image to 1200×630 and then overlay the chosen 1200×630 PNG file over it. Can be usefull to add your brand to the image that shows up on Facebook shared links. Example: Original image | Overlay PNG | End result.
The (Facebook) Open Graph Tags that this plugin inserts are:
- fb:app_id: From settings on the options screen.
- fb:admins: From settings on the options screen.
- og:locale: From WordPress locale or chosen by the user.
- og:site_name: From blog title.
- og:title: From post/page/archive/tag/… title.
- og:url: From the post/page permalink.
- og:type: “website” or “blog” for the homepage and “article” for all the others.
- article:published_time: Article published time (for posts only)
- article:modified_time and og:updated_time: Article modified time (for posts only)
- article:publisher: From settings on the options screen.
- article:section: From post categories.
- article:author: From the user (post author) Faceboook Profile URL.
- og:description: From post/page excerpt if it exist, or from post/page content. From category/tag description on it’s pages, if it exist. From tagline, or custom text, on all the others.
- og:image: From a specific custom field of the post/page, or if not set from the post/page featured/thumbnail image, or if it doesn’t exist from the first image in the post content, or if it doesn’t exist from the first image on the post media gallery, or if it doesn’t exist from the default image defined on the options menu. The same image chosen here will be used and enclosure/media:content on the RSS feed.
- og:image:width and og:image:height: Image dimensions.
The (Google+) Schema.org Tags that this plugin inserts are:
- name: Same as “og:title”.
- author: From the user (post author) Google+ profile URL.
- description: Same as “og:description”.
- image: Same as “og:image”.
The Twitter Card Tags that this plugin inserts are:
- twitter:title: Same as “og:title”.
- twitter:url: Sames as “ug:url”.
- twitter:site: The website twitter account.
- twitter:creator: From the user (post author) Twitter account.
- twitter:description: Same as “og:description”.
- twitter:image:src: Same as “og:image”.
- twitter:card:src: With value “summary_large_image” or “summary”.
- meta author: From the user (post author) Display Name.
- link rel author: From the user (post author) Google+ Profile URL.
- meta description: Same as “og:description”.
- enclosure: On RSS feeds, same as “og:image”.
- media:content: On RSS feeds, same as “og:image”.
3rd Party Integration:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: Allows you to use title, url (canonical) and description from WPSEO plugin.
- WooCommerce: Allows you to use the Product Category thumbnails as Open Graph Image and have Product Gallery images as additional Open Graph Images
- SubHeading: Add the SubHeading to the post/page title.
- Business Directory Plugin: Allows you to use BDP listing contents as Open Graph Tags.
PRO add-on features:
- Rank Math integration: title, description and canonical
- Set different image size (instead of 1200×630)
- Fix chunked transfer encoding when using an image overlay
- Technical support (limited to the PRO add-on features)
- Good karma and support the development of new features
What people are saying:
I cant even think how many times this plugin saved me the money and time to change the theme because i had problem to enable social media sharing (or just make it work properly). Plus easy to install and it works out of the box but still have a lot of options for anyone who want to fine tune this plugin.
Awesome work! This plug-in has a lot of features needed to properly configure sharing.
Superb! I really enjoy the customization features, which this plugin provides.
best plugin for social sharing and getting all the meta tags, literally I tried 5 other ones today and this is the only one that could do it on twitter and facebook.
Easy as install and wamn, perfect featured images, titles and descriptions for FB. Surprised wordpress still doesn’t have this built in
I’ve tried several plugins for generating the meta tags needed for Facebook to post properly. This one validates when you provide the information it needs in setup. The others I’ve tried didn’t. Enough Said!
It works perfectly for my site. Where some other plugins failed to parse text of my post correctly (they would include theme elements too), this one worked.
Very simple layout. 3rd party integration with SEO plugins e a lot of very useful features. Nice work.
- English (primary language);
- Portuguese (Portugal);
- Português (Portugal – AO90);
If you translate this plugin to your language we’ll be happy to add it to the plugin. Feel free to contact us.
We are available for premium technical support on this plugin (or to create a any specific WordPress solution for you). Feel free to contact us.
For free support on this plugin you should go to the plugin page on WordPress.org and click Support: http://wordpress.org/plugins/wonderm00ns-simple-facebook-open-graph-tags/